SNAP has undergone a slight change in terms of the questions that they used to test the students on. SNAP has revamped and changed the name of GK section to ‘Current Affairs of last 2 years’. (At least now we know what to study). The GK Section in SNAP is of 30 marks out of a total of 150 marks which is around 20% of the entire paper. Since most of the MBA aspirant focus more on Quants, LR-DI and Verbal, they tend to ignore this section during their initial stages of preparation and hence find it difficult to cope up with GK syllabus of SNAP in last 2 months. However, with a smart approach you can easily ace the SNAP GK section in 2 months.
Why prepare for GK for SNAP Exam?
- Least time consuming and scoring.
- As a backup option if you are weak in either Verbal/LR/Quants.
- Helpful during GD/PI/WAT.
- Requires the least amount of time to prepare.
The fact remains that you cannot win the SNAP battle without a good GK score. The ways to face GK may be many but the only thing that remains constant is you need to respect GK and not neglect it.
Also Read: How to Crack SNAP Exam in 3 months
Let’s test your GK for SNAP 2017
Try this GK quiz specially designed for SNAP 2017 to see where you stand.
How to prepare for SNAP GK
Following are Important topics for SNAP GK
Business-related – You will find the majority of questions in SNAP GK from this topic, it includes questions related to mergers and acquisitions, CEO/COO/Chairman of various companies, important deals signed by the companies, new products launched and Taglines of different companies.
- Newspaper/ Website to follow – Business-standard.com and Economictimes.com
- Difficulty level – Easy
- FunFact – There No Offical Apple Store in India
Awards – At least 2-3 questions from this topic is guaranteed in the SNAP exam. Following are few important awards for SNAP GK
1. Oscar Award
2. Grammy Awards
3. Nobel Prize
4. National Awards
5. Padma Awards ( Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri)
6. Awards related to sports ( Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Ekalavya Award, Arjuna Award )
7. Man Booker International Prize
There are many more awards, but these are the few awards from which questions are generally asked in SNAP GK.
- Newspaper/ Website – Thehindu.com, Testbook.com
- Difficulty level – Moderate
- FunFact – There are only four scientists who have won the Nobel Prize twice.
Sports – 2-3 questions from this topic is guaranteed. Following type of questions are generally asked in the SNAP exam.
1. The 2020 Olympics will be held in which country?
2. Who won Russian Grand Prix?
3. The 2023 Cricket world cup will be held in which country?
4. Who won the 2017 Korea Open Super Series title?
5. Which country is hosting U-17 FIFA world cup?
- Sports to be covered – Cricket, Football, F1, Table Tennis, Badminton, Tennis, and Hockey.
- FunFact – Hockey is not the national sport of India. India does not have a national sport.
National and International News – This is probably the toughest and least scoring part of the SNAP GK section, because of it’s vast nature scoring becomes very difficult in this section. Questions from this topic may include
1. List of countries on Trump’s travel ban list?
2. The ‘Freedom of Oxford’ honor will be withdrawn from whom for failing to address allegations of ethnic cleansing?
3. Name the 2 African countries that President Ram Nath Kovind will visit during his first overseas visit.
4. The first US crude oil cargo of 1.6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US will arrive at which Indian Port?
To score well in this section, reading newspaper daily is a must!
- Difficulty level – Hard
- FunFact – There are only 3 Countries in the world that aren’t part of Paris climate agreement.
Government Schemes and Rankings – This is a new edition into the SNAP exam ( thanks to Modi Ji). You can expect 1-2 questions from this topic.
There are 3 things that you will have to learn for Rankings/Index
1. Country who topped that Index
2. India’s rank in that Index
3. Who publishes that Index
Following are few important Rankings/Index for SNAP GK
1. Ease of Doing Business Index
2. Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index
3. Human Development Index
4. World Happiness Index
5. Global Retail Development Index
Following are few important government schemes for SNAP GK
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Soil Health Card Scheme
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
- Udaan Scheme
- UJWAL Discom Assurance Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- Difficulty level – Moderate to Hard
- FunFact – Jan Dhan Yojana has also featured in Guinness Book of World Records (Most bank accounts opened in one week, 18,096,130)
Ignoring GK completely is not the best strategy if one want’s to ace the SNAP Exam. Sufficient amount of time should be allocated to GK on a daily basis, don’t wait for those last few days to begin the preparation. If you want to be a 99 percentiler, GK is a must for you. (GK can completely turn around your scores.)
Have any more queries related to SNAP GK? If Yes, make sure to post it on Admito with #GK so that Sarthak can give you an expert advice for the same. If No, Great, all the best of for the SNAP exam.
About the Author
Sarthak Mehrotra is a Marketing analyst by profession but a GK nerd by heart. Having scored 99+% several times in different competitive exam and having worked with top-notch GK websites, he is now on his way to become an entrepreneur. GKGUY is a brainchild of Sarthak, offering highly sophisticated GK material for MBA aspirants.