Explore the 4th phase of MBA Journey with Handa Ka Funda and read what Mr.Ravi Handa has to say about choosing the perfect B-School. This article is in continuation to Planning your MBA Journey wisely.
‘As the B-school so would be the quality of your MBA. Pick the B-school that would best ensemble your goals.’ A guide to your dream B-school is what one aims for. Here is what I feel most of the students miss out on while choosing their perfect B-schools.
A Right Fit for you
Parameters- what to consider?
Decide on the B-schools that best fits your goals.
“Look beyond MBA rankings. List the factors most important to you and talk to students and alumni to help assess the fit.” – Dina Glasofer, NYU Stern
1) Extra Curricular Activities: Look out for colleges that let your space for other curricular activities.
2) Corporate Experience: Look out for colleges with faculties holding not just academic background, but industrial experience as well.
3) MBA Rankings: Consider the rankings published by reliable sources. Most of these MBA Rankings consider a B-school’s reputation, faculty, quality of programs offered, student reviews and much more. Relying on college rankings to some extent can be fruitful!
4) Campus: Do consider the quality of the campus and the amenities. A vast campus size combined with a great infrastructure might be a right blend of what one looks out for.
5) Reputation: Also consider the satisfaction and success level of your Dream College. Remember, don’t fall prey to the consequences of just going by a B-school’s reputation. Reputation is important, but at the same time prioritize it and see if the school, howsoever reputable it is, creates an offering that interests you.
Stay away from practicing from these –
- Don’t pick a B-School just for its brand name.
- Don’t fall for the marketing strategies
- Don’t follow the herd
- Don’t trust all information that reaches you
Final words by our very own Chacha Choudhary
“Do what you love; Love what you do to maximize your chances for success”
Next What? Read
MBA College Selection- How technology can help students select B-School which suits them the best?
MBA Journey- Why Plan?
Phase One- Planning for an MBA
Phase Two- Preparing for CAT Exam
Phase Three- Applying to MBA Colleges